Academic Impact from COVID-19 – High School Principals: Will You be Prepared to Make Staff Reductions for the 2020-2021 School Year? Learn More
Our focus is to help schools and districts realize their objectives and overcome today’s challenges in educating our nation’s youth. Using innovative and adaptive master scheduling techniques, we break down problems and successfully design effective solutions. We collaborate with invested people in your schools and districts to create and deliver the necessary education for your students. We recognize that ultimately scheduling implementation is achieved by professionals committed to their communities and passion for the teaching/learning process.
What Can You Expect from An On-Site Visit?
- Build a master schedule to fulfill the mission/vision of the school/district
- Create a master schedule for K-5 or K-6, K-8, Middle and High Schools
- Plan a variety of intervention experiences on a fluid basis
- Provide opportunities for time management by teachers and teaching teams
- Establish foundation for flexible uses of time
- Foster active student engagement and student-centered learning
- Identify schedule frameworks that impact student achievement
- Organize opportunities for data analysis
- Implement a freshman academy program to facilitate transition to high school
- Establish career pathways to facilitate school to college to career opportunities
- Designate time for advisory/mentoring in the master schedule
Recent Blog Articles
What are the Steps in Building a Contemporary High School Master Schedule?
Master schedules are road maps for delivering curriculum opportunities for grades 9-12. The following twenty-one steps provide specific directions for providing an efficient and equitable master schedule for staff and students. Ultimately, the final product is a mechanism for students to receive courses requested that reflect their unique needs, interests, skill levels and career aspirations…
High School Principals: Will You be Prepared to Make Staff Reductions for the 2020-2021 School Year?
In light of current economic conditions, high school principals should prepare for the possibility of staff reductions for the 2020-2021 school year. Principals are challenged by the conflict between organizing schools for effectively addressing the needs of a diverse population and the reality of the financial allocation for staffing. Caught in this dilemma, principals should…
What are the Steps to Create a Hybrid Schedule for K-8 Schools?
K-8 schools are established for various reasons and must address the developmental needs of the full spectrum of students from elementary through the middle level. As a result, a unique hybrid schedule emerges. The following guide provides scheduling teams with key points to create a hybrid master schedule. Step 1: Make sure that the mission/vision…
Unique Features of Merenbloom Schedules
- Common Planning Time
- Analyzing FTE Distribution
- Flexible Scheduling
- Block Scheduling
- Double Reading / Language Arts Period
- Double Math Period
- Integrate English and Social Studies courses
- Integrate Math, Science and STEM courses
- Advisory / Mentoring / SEL
- Rotating Schedules
- Unit Lunch
- Credit Recovery
- Advisory / Mentoring / SEL
- Staff Reduction
Read Our Newest Book
The Educational Leader’s Guide for School Scheduling: Strategies Addressing Grades K-12 is the first publication to address creative scheduling at all levels: K-5 or 6, K-8, middle, and high schools.
This essential resource provides strategies for the effective and equitable distribution of available FTEs throughout the district, while helping you work through the many critical questions and decisions involved in the scheduling process.